A Natural Approach to Managing Asthma
From a natural medicine approach, asthma symptoms can usually be improved or resolved with lifestyle changes and treatments that address the underlying breaches of good health. Depending upon the age of the patient, specific symptoms, and medical history, treatment might include:
- Taking nutritional supplements that help reduce inflammation (antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty acids); support gut health (probiotics); support immunity (Vitamin D); relax muscles (magnesium); and aid the body in coping with stress (zinc). All of these vital nutrients are available from Doctor Nchekwube’s Wellness Shoppe. Aside from your basic Vitamin C or multivitamin intake, think about using Doctor Nchekwube’s Super Antioxidant Formula (a synergistic blend of powerful antioxidants) available here: http://wellnessshoppes.com/
product/super-antioxidant- formula/ . A very potent and shelf-stable (does not have to be refrigerated) Probiotic we use in clinic is called Orthobiotic (this product may only be purchased within the physical Shoppe and Doctor’s Office). Vitamin D is available in elevated form (Doctor N’s own formula containing all the key nutrients needed for proper absorption) called Super D Plus: http://wellnessshoppes. com/product/super-d-plus/. Omega-3 in a clean and clinical dose is available as Doctor N’s Super Omega Fish Oil: http://wellnessshoppes. com/product/super-omega-fish- oil/. Magnesium, the miracle mineral, is available in the clinically-studied most-absorbable (L-threonate) form called WellMag: http:// wellnessshoppes.com/product/ wellmag/. Lastly, zinc is such an important mineral for the function of body and immunity -and very few of us get enough of- This is why Doctor N offers the most clinically studied and absorbable form of Zinc as Opti-Zinc (mono-methionine form) available within the Shoppe itself only.
- Customizing herbal remedies to specific triggers and symptoms. Allergy-related asthma symptoms are oftentimes treated with an herbal anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy symptom powerhouse called D-Hist: http://
wellnessshoppes.com/product/d- hist/. You can also take additional Turmeric to increase this anti-inflammatory effect: http:// wellnessshoppes.com/product/ theracurmin-hp/.
- Adjusting the diet to remove food irritants and allergens. Food allergies can appear much later in life and lead to seemingly mysterious symptoms. Following Doctor Nchekwube’s Detox diet could help you pinpoint your food allergy triggers. For two weeks avoid: all dairy, all meat, bread/pasta, and all pre-packaged foods. Drink fresh purified water (reverse osmosis is the preferred sort) with half of (or an entire) fresh lemon. Eat only fresh vegetables (sauteed in olive or coconut oil and seasoned with any herbs to taste) over brown rice. Have only fruits as breakfast and as in-between meals snacks. Avoiding these foods and embracing a vegan diet for just two weeks can tell you a lot about what foods to avoid. To aid you in your detoxification think about using: http://wellnessshoppes.
com/product/detoxication- factors/ at a dosage of 2 capsules twice a day. For some people this drastic change in diet could speed up your body’s natural detoxifying and cause ‘detox symptoms’, but this product is designed to reduce and/or eliminate these. Detox symptoms could be likened to cold or flu like symptoms, so it is important to avoid these -especially if you want to experience a detox diet as a test to determine your food allergy triggers. Aside from all this- it is a healthy diet for your mind, body, and spirit.
- Enhancing the diet with high nutrient foods that support respiratory health. Try to increase your use of Nettle tea, spices such as ginger and turmeric, and increasing your daily intake of greens (kale, dandelion, spinach, arugula, mustard greens, collard greens, Swiss chard, and romaine lettuce). Certain super foods also have health-enhancing activity: chlorophyll extract, wheat grass, acai berry, goji berry, noni juice, nori/kelp/seaweed, white mulberries, golden berries, and cacao.
- Practicing stress management such as yoga, visualization, and breathing exercises. Meditation, mantra, prayer – all of these connect you to a center space free of worry, stress, and anxiety.
- Coordinating with your physician to choose appropriate types of exercise and managing intensity so as not to trigger an asthma attack
These are just a few examples of possible treatment approaches. A trained holistic physician will conduct a thorough examination and formulate an individualized treatment plan based on your medical history and immediate healthcare needs. Why not make an appointment today to discuss a holistic approach with Doctor Nchekwube?